Monday, July 11, 2011

Rang Mahal Pavilion @ Hard Rock Hotel

Rang Mahal Pavilion is an Indian fine dining restaurant in Singapore. It is a branch  of the reputable Rang Mahal which is located in Pan Pacific Hotel.


I came here on last Sunday night to celebrate my husband's birthday with a bunch of friends and his parents since they were in town. The restaurant has a nice ambiance.. However, when we went there its pretty quiet as only few tables got customers.. So I was quite skeptical about the food.. but i thought, just give a try...






1st dish that came out.. of course.. the Pappadam.. As Rang Mahal is a North Indian restaurant.. let me call it "Pappad".. The 1st one which come out is Pappad.. I prefer the normal pappadam which they serve in foodcourt or South Indian restaurant as I am not a big fan of black pepper.. and yes.. North Indian pappad normally have black pepper on it and have a very strong taste.. Papad is baked.. where pappadam is deep fried..

Papad - $4.00 each basket

 Next is the Masala Pappad.. Pappad with chopped tomatoes, onions, chilis on top of it which overpowered the pappad taste.. Nice! 

Masala Papad - $3.00 each
  
 One thing I realized in Indian fine dining restaurant.. They will serve the Kebab or Tandoori dishes as Appetizer.. and follow by the main course.. We order Tandoori Chicken as our appetizer.. The chicken  here got the moisture and not dry or overcooked.. It grilled to perfection..

Tandoori Chicken - $76.00



The vegetarian platter is just like the vegetables being grilled.. nothing much to rave about..not a dish that I will order next time...


Vegetarian Platter - $22.00



Murgh Tikka Masala here not bad but not the best I ate so far.. I prefer the tandoori chicken more instead of this one.. but they cook it well..  

Murgh Tikka Masala - $24.00



I love the Calcutta Fish Curry.. Eventhough it doesnt look appetizing enough from the picture.. it  taste so good.. The spice blended nicely and give a slight sour taste and the fish was fresh..

Calcutta Fish Curry - $26.00



Not a big fan of Kofta.. It is vegetarian meatball mixed with yogurt and masala.. The Indians like it though.. :)


Vegetarian Kofta Curry - $16.00
 
The Peshawari Choley.. Chickpeas.. one of my favourite vegetarian dish in Indian vegetarian dishes.. the one here.. taste good.. soft and crunchy at the same time...


Peshawari Choley - $15.00
 
As for the Bhindi  ( Lady Finger ).. to be honest.. I like how the Indian cooks their lady finger dish than the Chinese.. and the bhindi here.. a bit too soft but then I still like it.. yummy..


 Nasik Bhindi - $15.00
 
The biryani has a very strong flavour and aroma..( drooling.. ).. One of my friend who is on diet didnt wanna take the rice in the beginning.. but well.. I didnt take 'NO' as an answer.. hahaha.. so he tried.. and he take more after that.. The chicken also very tender.. the spices.. the basmati rice.. the chicken... duh.. I wanna eat again..


 Murgh Biryani - $20.00

 The Mixed bread basket consist of Butter Naan, Garlic Naan, Plain Naan and Roti.. My personal favourite will be plain Naan.. and I started loving the Garlic Naan since the time I visit this restaurant...


 Mixed Bread Basket (Butter Naan, Garlic Naan, Plain Naan and Roti) - $5.00 each
 
Mango vs Mint.. The Mango chutney's sweetness is just nice for me as I dont have a sweet tooth.. As for the mint chutney its fragrant and a lil bit spicy.. Love both of the chutneys.. My cousin asked me.. why we order the same chutney again.. I told him the chutney was complimentary.. Chutney for Indians is the same with sambal belachan for Malay/ Indonesian or Chili Padi wif soy sauce for Chinese..  
 
Last but not least, I am not sure how to call this.. but as its a birthday celebration.. the restaurant give my husband a complimentary carrot & orange cake? taste like so anyway.. LOL.. it taste pretty good if you like sweet.. 





Overall, I am impressed with the service and the food.. beyond my expectations..  The service crew and the manager are very attentive.. I am drooling now while I think about how good the food was.. Looking forward for the next visit... Om nom nom..

xoxo,
S

Rang Mahal Pavilion
26 Sentosa Gateway
#02-252-255
Singapore 098138
Tel: 6238 7013
Website : www.rangmahal.com.sg



























1 comment:

  1. next time u got to bring me there .... tepatnya traktir gua disana. wakakaka

    ReplyDelete