Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yhingthai Palace @ Purvis Street

Ola,


I am back from my holiday.. and going for the next one this weekend..

This pictures was taken on my 1st visit to Yhingthai Palace at Purvis St. We went there to celebrate my cousin brother and friend birthday. I often passed by this restaurant as I work nearby but I have no idea it was a Thai restaurant til I was browsing for good Thai restaurant in Singapore.

Two of my friends came late, so we order the appetizer 1st to fill in our empty stomach. We ordered  Khao Tang Nah Tang (Crispy Rice Chips served with Minced Chicken & Prawn Dip) & Miang Kum (Condiments - ginger, chili, coconut, lime, peanuts & sauced wrapped in leave). IMHO, the crispy rice chips are pretty bland but the minced chicken and prawn dip is nice.  The prawn dip compliment the crispy rice. IMHO, Miang Kum is a better choice if you want to try something different and authentic. I was hesitate in the beginning to eat it but it was good.

Khao Tang Nah Tang (Crispy Rice Chips served with Minced Chicken & Prawn Dip) - $10.00 (S) / $20.00 (M)
 
Minced Chicken & Prawn Dip
   
This is how I eat it.

 Miang Kum (Condiments - ginger, chili, coconut, lime, peanuts & sauced wrapped in leave) - $15.00

 
Once my friends reach, we ordered few dishes more.

First will be Tom Yum Talay (Prawn, fish fillet and squid cooked in a spicy and sour soup) . At Yhingthai they served the soup based on one portion. I prefer the red-based tom yum soup but surprisingly their Tom Yum Talay is pretty good.
 
 Tom Yum Talay - $6.50 / bowl


Next will be Kra Poh Pla Nam Dang (Double boiled fish maw soup wif mushroom). I am not a fan of Fish Maw, so I wont be able to tell whether its good or not. However, my friend said that nothing to rave about it.
 Kra Poh Pla Nam Dang - $8.00 / bowl
Khao Phad Nam Liap (Olive Rice served wif Condiments) at Yhingthai is one of the best  Olive rice I've ate so far. Its not oily, but its fragrant and bring out the taste.
Khao Phad Nam Liap - $15.00(S)/ $20.00(M)/ $30.00(L)


Their's Gaeng Keow Wan Kai (Chicken Green Curry) is not passable. To be honest the worst  and tasteless green curry I ever had. Not recommended at all. If you like Thai green curry, I will recommend the green curry @ Ah Loy Thai ( which am so going to rave later ^^).


Gaeng Keow Wan Kai - $15.00(S)/ $30.00(M)



Phad Khad Nah (Baby kailan fried wif chopped chilli). Standard taste but fresh of course.
Phad Khad Nah - $12.00(S)/ $18.00(M)/ $25.00(L)


Peek Kai Sord Sai aka Chicken wings stuffed wif asparagus and shitake mushroom  fried to golden brown perfection with a crisp skin is a MUST - TRY dish based on other bloggers recommendation. However, I find it just OK nothing much to brag about. 


Peek Kai Sord Sai - $3.00 per piece (minimum 2 pieces)

Hor Mok Talay (Spicy Mixed Seafood Mousse) is another dish I never tried before. I like the way they present the mousse. As you can see below they are served on clay ( just a guess) platter and individually mousse covered with the lid. The taste not much to my liking but way better than the green curry.

Hor Mok Talay - $14.00 ( 7 portions per plate )

Last but not least, we ordered Pad Thai ($15.00/$20.00/$30.00) but I forget to take the photo as we were to busy chatting when the pad Thai finally arrived. The Pad Thai was not bad but didnt give the "WOW" effect. 


Overall, the dining experience in Yhingthai Palace was good as I tried few new dish which I wont find it in all Thai restaurants here in Singapore. I will definitely come back here to try other dishes.


xoxo,
S



Yhingthai Palace
36 Purvis Street,
#01-04 Talib Centre,
Singapore 188613
Tel: +65 6337-1161 / 6337-9429

Website : http://www.yhingthai.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment